1.08.2006

The Subtext gets a Promotion

I wrote a posting nominally about my long stretch of buying only "new" or "early" music.

The main point, though, was the subtext: a list of CD's or links I wanted to throw out there, just to show that I have the CD's or use the web sites or whatnot.

Why load a post with tons of subtext, though, when you can just write posts about the ideas in question?

I'll start off by plugging Classical Junk. Dave does a great job with his eclectic playlists. At any given moment, you'll either hear something new, or have a chance to hear something familiar in a new context. It's a great example of what classical programming should be. Sure, there's no shortage of Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, and the other WCRB 1700-1900 set, but they intermingle with other music, old and new, solemn and light.

1 comment:

Leonard Gates said...

Thanks for ssharing this