3.10.2006

And the curtain comes down for the ninth time

I finished the commission. Tomorrow, it gets overnighted to the performer. I promised I wouldn't be cruel; let's hope she doesn't think I was.

Anyway, that finished, here's what's on tap:

BMOP is performing "Concertos for Indigenous Instruments" tomorrow night, featuring Reza Vali, Jin Hi Kim, Henry Cowell, and Tan Dun. The indigenous instruments in question include a Korean barrel drum set, a Persian ney, a koto (a Japanese zither), and Tan Dun's regular assortment of percussion. I'm really looking forward to it.

I'll pick up the Berio again. Hopefully I'll finish it within the next week.

At work, I've been doing my own Bach marathon, so I'll have some thoughts on that. (Yeah, I know the BBC did it in December. Oh, and you can look forward to me writing about Mozart sometime in 2008.)

So here you have it: two posts in a row about the blog. Really worth your time, wasn't it?

No comments: